The Big Apple
Our 5th anniversary was on September 7. To celebrate, Jeff and I took a trip--just the two of us--to New York City over Labor Day weekend. We had both been to New York before, but never together. We've talked for years about going back. The 5th anniversary seemed like a great reason to plan a trip. This was my first time away from Camden overnight. Jeff swore for months before the trip that I wouldn't be able to leave him and/or that I'd be miserable all weekend. I continually denied either scenario (but secretly believed he was probably right). Well, I proved him wrong and handled the separation quite well. Of course I missed my little guy, but the one on one time with my big guy was great. Camden stayed with Papa and Grammy and had a ball. They kept him so busy (or was it the other way around) that I'm not sure he had time to miss Mommy and Daddy.
We were fortunate to find an affordable, nice hotel in a great location about 1/2 block off of Times Square, right in the heart of the theater district. The hotel was very nicely decorated, clean (a HUGE plus), and the staff was great. When Jeff and I first saw our room, though, we just had to laugh. Space, as you can imagine, in NYC is very valuable and very limited. Hotel rooms (unless you're Donald Trump) are always small. But small doesn't even describe our room. I'll
just let this picture speak for itself.
just let this picture speak for itself.
And of course you can't go to NYC without seeing the Statue of Liberty. We didn't actually take the ferry out to Liberty Island, since we've both done that before, but we did get to see the Statue from a distance.
A highlight of our trip was our official "anniversary celebration" dinner at a restaurant called The View. It is a revolving restaurant located on the 48th floor of the Marriott in Times Square. We enjoyed a great meal with an incredible view of the city. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures. (Trying not to look TOO much like tourists...)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home